Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

A Tribute To All The Loves In My Life...

I usually give ya'll a nice recipe in my ramblings, but today I just want to pay tribute to all the loves in my life.  The people I surround myself with nowadays are the people who, more than ever in my life, mean the most to me.  They are the ones who love me for me.  Even when I don't think I'm lovable, they love me.
We all start out in life, if we're lucky, loving and being loved.  Our parents loved us and sacrificed for us and we (eventually) loved them for all they did for us.  We then go on to form relationships with others and if you're like me, you leave a string of love-casualties in your wake.  You don't mean to, but you inevitably break hearts and leave a trail of pain in the stream of your life's legacy.  I always accepted that I am pitifully deficient in forming relationships and even worse at maintaining them.  I have finally decided at 48 that maybe it wasn't all me and that I can forgive myself for some of my past and learn to enjoy the present.  I have two absolutely wonderful sons, Jeremy and Josh, who love me unconditionally as I do them. They are intelligent, funny and have good hearts - maybe I'm not so bad after all.   My mother, Helen, who has to have thought in all my life that I was FUBAR (look it up) with all the stuff I have done.  My father and grandmother have been long passed away, but they both colored my life in equally important ways.  My grandmother taught me so many things in the kitchen, in the garden and in every other area of my life with her gentle, caring ways.  I have a few close friends that I treasure and love with all I have - they know who they are - and there's my partner.  You have to know that God puts people in your life when you need them most.  If you don't know that, you just need to step back and look around you.  I have dated alot, loved alot and done some things I am hated for, haven't we all?  Love all the people in your life and make sure they know it...every day.
Happy Valentine's Day Ya'll!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment